There is something magical about a cold copper mug filled with a delicious Moscow Mule! It is definitely one of my favorite drinks to have and make. For a recent dinner party where we were making a Gujarati Thali I wanted to add my own twist to the drink. Here is what I used as my recipe:
- One part Tequila (Either Blanco / Reposado would work)
- One part ginger flavored spicy syrup – Recipe below
- Half part lime
- Two parts ginger beer
- Mint Leaves for garnishing
I left the proportions above as parts so that you can easily scale it up / down depending on how many people you want to server. Combine all the ingredients in a pitcher and stir it gently. Fill the glasses with crushed ice and then pour the drink into the glass. Garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.
To make the syrup, this is recipe that I used:
- One part water
- One part sugar
- Sliced ginger pieces, the more you put the more ginger flavor you will have
- A thai chilly / jalapeno pepper with the seeds removed
Boil the water / sugar mixture till all the sugar has dissolved and then strain into a jar and store in the fridge.
So what does the name contain Mumbai in it? Well I used traditional small tea glasses to serve the drink. These glasses are found in every roadside tea stall in Mumbai and are an iconic symbol of the city.