It’s Cinco de Mayo weekend and what better way to celebrate than to make some Vegan Nachos. Yes, it is possible to make delicious, lip smacking, loaded nachos without any cheese in it! The key ingredient in Nachos is of course the cheese sauce and I followed this great recipe to make a vegan cheese sauce and the results were outstanding: https://www.noracooks.com/easy-vegan-nacho-cheese-sauce/
For the assembly this is what I did:
- I cooked the beans before hand with some tomato sauce, salt and taco seasoning.
- Created a base layer of chips and put some cooked beans and cheese sauce on top of that
- Repeat that for a few layers to make a nacho mountain 🙂
- Add raw diced onions and olives to that
- Bake in the oven at 350F for 10 minutes
- Add guacamole, salsa and cilantro to top it off
- Add some extra cheese sauce on top of it all
The end result was amazing. The cheese sauce turned out to be a hit and I finally got a 5 star review from my personal critic (my son).