Vegan Carrot Cake
Mirror Mirror on the Wall, Which is your favorite cake of all?
It is hard to imagine anyone saying “carrot cake” for that question but maybe after you try this one you might change your mind.
Recipe Source: https://frommybowl.com/healthy-carrot-cake/
I made a few changes to the recipe and it still turned out great:
- Instead of 2 cups of oat flour, I changed it to 1.5 cup oat flour + 0.5 cup of almond flour
- I skipped the Nutmeg since I did not have any in the pantry
- I used fresh ginger (grated) rather than powdered ginger
- I made applesauce from scratch as I did not have any and just boiled and blended a medium size apple
- The cake is quite moist (which I like) but maybe baking it a bit more would have made it drier?
Overall it turned out to be super delicious and I doubt this will last more than a few days in our house. Hope you enjoy it too!
Leave a Reply